Jira and Azure DevOps (VSTS) integration ensures there is no scope for communication gaps or miscommunication between project management and development teams.
THE COMPLETE AZURE DEVOPS TO JIRA INTEGRATION GUIDE Teams are generally looking to set up an integration between Jira and Azure DevOps to have the freedom to set up their own platforms however they want. All the while streamlining efficiency in collaboration efforts across these systems. Azure DevOps is a set of development tools for software teams whereas Jira Software Cloud helps teams of all types manage work, in whatever flavor of agile works best. Jira and Azure DevOps users Sync Azure Devops stories, tasks and subtasks to Jira features, stories and tasks with automatic, bi-directional artifact flow. Create individual sync profiles and define the project collections Automate workflows to increase productivity. Jira is a project management tool developed by Atlassian for software development teams. Azure DevOps is a tool provided by Microsoft Azure to implement a DevOps lifecycle in a business. It was formerly known as Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) but has been rebranded as Azure DevOps. In a matter of minutes and without a single line of code, Zapier allows you to automatically send info between Azure DevOps and Jira Software Server. Get started with workflows like: Create Visual Studio Online work items from new JIRA issues. Or check out the rest of our guided workflows. Save time with Zapier; it's free to try.
Jira and Azure DevOps (VSTS) Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements.
Best-of-breed systems such as Jira and Azure DevOps (VSTS) bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. By integrating Azure DevOps (VSTS) with Jira, enterprises can seamlessly manage product development. The developers using Jira will have clear visibility into the exact feature requirements and real-time access to any changes/enhancements made to the requirements. On the other hand, Azure DevOps (VSTS) users will have complete view of development of a requirement that is progressing.
How Azure DevOps (VSTS) and Jira integration is beneficial for an enterprise
Azure Devops Jira Server Integration
- Access to all test cases, defects, and QA plan
- Trace the requirement breakdown completely – access the features, stories, tasks associated with the requirement
- Developers are always up-to-date on feature requirements and associated updates
- Track the estimated and actual development efforts
- Get complete context of the business requirement and receive real-time updates when there is a change in the plan
- Coordinate on the delivery timelines seamlessly with concurrent updates on changes
Azure Devops To Jira Tasks
With Azure DevOps (VSTS) and Jira integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Jira and Azure DevOps (VSTS)
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Azure DevOps (VSTS) and Jira bidirectionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘requirements’ from Azure DevOps (VSTS) automatically synchronize to Jira where they are broken down to ‘stories’. The completion of the story and the status of test results against it automatically synchronizes to Azure DevOps (VSTS).
Benefits of integration for Jira and Azure DevOps (VSTS) users
- Traceability for business requirements throughout
the ALM tool chain
- Access to complete development plan
- Visibility into the progress of development work
- No dependency on manual communication for
making business decisions
- Real-time updates on feature requirements and associated changes/enhancements
- Clear visibility into quality parameters and test results from Jira itself
- No manual efforts needed to keep product management teams updated on the development status